I think the majority of women would agree that mother nature screws us over on a monthly basis. If I ever get the opportunity to meet Eve, Im gonna slap the crap out of her.
There’s no such thing as a perfect period, but you can take steps to having a less vicious monthly cycle. Here are a few tips to help you tackle 4 of the most annoying aspects of your period. Consider my little gift to you. You can thank me later. 🙂
- My biggest problem every month is the pain. Mind numbing, debilitaing cramps are by far the worse thing Eve could have given to us (I havent experienced childbirth yet, so this is #1). Excercising helps alleviate cramps,, believe it or not. Working out at least twice a week can reduce the severity of cramps. That’s yet another reason to get in shape. If that’s not an option, heating pads help to relax your uterus and works wonders. You can also turn to ibuprofen or Midol for medicinal relief.
- According to studies conducted in Massachusetts, women who smoke, evenly socially, experienced premenstrual syndrome (PMS) twice as much as their non-smoking counterparts. Bottom line: quit smoking, or better yet, never start. It’s not cute anyway.
- To prevent junk food cravings, include foods with plant proteins. Plant protein rich foods have phytoestrogens which balances out estrogen levels in your body. Foods to try are chickpeas and nuts.
- If you want to prevent bloating and squeeze into those cute little skinny jeans, cut back on salty foods. Salt retains water, especially around the midsection and leaves you feeling bloated.
- Bith control pills are great for making your cycle more predictable and keeping your skin clear. Speak with your health care provider about getting a prescription.
Put these tips into practice and let me know what works for you.
Remember to keep a healthy demeanor, both inside and out.