I went to get a massage todayto help alleviate some upper back pain and was pleasantly surprised to see that Massage Envy had teamed up with the Arthritis Foundation to help raise money for a noble cause. On October 12, 2011, Massage Envy will donate $10 from every massage to the Arthritis Foundation. Now you can kill two birds with one stone: pamper yourself with a massage (you deserve it) and give money to a worthy foundation. There are over 800 locations, so visit massageenvy.com now to schedule your appointment.
Just in case you’re not convinced that you should lend a helping hand, here a few facts about arthritis.
- Arthritis is one of the most prevalent chronic health problems and the nation’s leading cause of disability among Americans over age 15.
- Arthritis is second only to heart disease as a cause of work disability.
- Arthritis limits everyday activities such as walking, dressing and bathing for more than 7 million Americans.
- Arthritis affects people in all age groups including nearly 300,000 children.
- Arthritis strikes women more often than men. 24.3 millionwomen have been medically diagnosed with arthritis.
Arthritis may affect other parts of the body besides the joints. Arthritis causes pain, loss of movement and sometimes swelling. Some types of arthritis are rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, gout, fibromyalgia, lupus, and juvenile arthritis.
Hope that I’ve enlightened you a little.
Remember, to keep a healthy demeanor, both inside and out. 🙂
*Facts were borrowed from arthritis.org*