- Become and Stay Active to reduce stress, sleep better at night, maintain a healthy weight, and look and feel better.
- Eat a Healthy, Balanced Diet
- Maintain a Healthy Weight for Your Height. This can be calculated using your BMI. Maintaining a healthy weight can decrease your chances of having diabetes, hypertension, and heart disease among other things.
- Visit your Healthcare Provider for regular check ups. Based on your age, you should be screened for vision deficits, osteoporosis, and colon and skin cancer. Don’t forget to have a breast and pelvic exam performed, Pap smear to screen for cervical cancer, and a mammogram for breast cancer.
- Learn how to handle stress effectively.
Remember ladies, keep a healthy demeanor, both inside and out.