cheap, cholesterol, diabetes, diet, Exercise, fiber, Health, heart disease, heart health, high blood pressure, high protein, hypertension, immune system, immunity, infection, low calorie, low fat, oatmeal, women's health
The leaves are changing, kids are back in school, and the weather is becoming bearable again…fall is upon us! This is a perfect time to review and tweak your daily routine for a healthier you. Once you’ve visited your health care provider and had your exercise regimen approved, you can begin to reevaluate your diet to give you the necessary energy to get you through the day. We’ve all heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and a bowl of oatmeal is perfect breakfast food. Oatmeal has several health benefits that may have you running to your local grocer.
- Oatmeal is a
goodexcellent source of fiber.
- On that note, oatmeal will fill you up. It’s very satiating and should hold you over until lunch time, or least until your mid-morning snack. (It’ll also help keep you “regular”. Let’s get those bowels going!
- It can help reduce your cholesterol.
- Oatmeal may play a role in reducing your risk of Diabetes Type II.
- High Blood Pressure? It’ll help lower that, too.
- Oatmeal will help you fight infections better by kicking your immune system into high gear.
- Worried about heart problems? Oatmeal has been shown to have antioxidants that helps decrease the risk of cardiovascular disease and protect against heart failure.
- Oatmeal is low calorie, low fat, and high in protein.
Plus, it just tastes good (not to mention cheap). Add some butter and sugar, and go to town.
Do you know of another delicious, healthy that can help jump start you day? Share them with someone you love…or kinda like.
Dont forget to keep a healthy demeanor, both inside and out.